Skip to content Skip to footer

We Value Our Past

1859 St. Patrick Mission Church organized
1861 St. Patrick Mission Church construction begins
1866 St. Patrick Mission Church construction completed
1880 St. Michael Mission church construction begins
1882 St. Michael Mission church cornerstone laid
1883 St. Michael Mission Church dedicated
1886 St. Michael Church becomes a parish
1888 Parish house constructed
1892 Stained glass windows installed in church
1906 Knights of Columbus charter membership
1912 Bell tower added to church
1925 Daughters of Isabella charter membership
1931 St. Patrick church restored
1961 St. Michael church renovation completed
1963 Work completed at St. Patrick cemetery as a living memorial to the early pioneers
1966 Parish Center constructed
1987 St. Patrick listed on National Register of Historic Places
1990 Daughters of Isabella joined with St. Andrew’s in Abilene
1991 Parish House first floor renovation complete
1994 Parish house second floor renovation completed
1998 St. Michael church renovation completed
2000 Parish Center renovation begins
2000 Scanlan stained glass window restored and placed in Parish Center
2004 Front facade of church renovated with Celtic Cross and brass history plaque
2007 24 flag poles erected along driveway of St. Patrick’s Cemetery
2008 Parish Center renovation completed
2008 Tornado damages church, house, parish center and cemetery and destroys St. Patrick’s Chapel
2008 Due to loss of schools, 4 modulars moved on church property used for kindergarten, first, second, and third grade classes
2008 Parish Center used for fourth grade, music, office, lunchroom, physical education and support services
2010 Repair and replacement of Stained Glass Windows destroyed or damaged from tornado completed
2010 St. Patrick’s Chapel memorial completed
2010 Remodel of parish house front porch completed
2010 Remaining stained glass windows re-leaded
2011 Chapman Grade School leaves parish center
2011 Two modular units purchased from Chapman School District
2011 Parish Center interior painted, carpeted and tiled
2012 Painting of St. Michael by Jean Scanlan displayed in Parish Center
2012 Updates to Parish Center Environment include: framed pictures depicting the Life of Christ; a wood-tone crucifix with a Leonardo Corpus made in Italy; framed historical map of St. Patrick’s Cemetery; framed paintings of parish Christmas cards by Jean Scanlan
2014 New lawn on front of property and landscaping around church and parish house
2014 3 Pole Lights along street between parish house and parish house
2015 All new windows installed in parish house
2016 Circle Drive Project begins
2017 St. Patrick’s Cemetery map and burial listing enclosed in cabinet
2017 Sound system installed in parish center
2017 Upgrade to sound system in church including hearing
2018 Parish center bathrooms re-done
2019 Church pews re-finished
2021 Church bathroom re-done
2022 Smoke/fire alarm systems installed in Church and Parish Center
2022 Stained Glass Windows inspected and repaired
St. Patrick Church placed on National Register of Historic Places 1987
St. Patrick Memorial completed 2010
St. Michael's between 1883 & 1912
St. Michael's 2010